Werewolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Werewolf

A forum for hosting the parlor game Werewolf.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem

+2
Snail
The Mayor
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem Empty Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:20 pm

The Mayor

The Mayor
Narwhal

While i wish the game could have ended normally, it had to be put out of its misery.
Anyways, here's my log i used to record most of what happened while people still cared, as well as some closure to the storyline. A lot of the formatting doesn't survive the copy/paste between word and this window, but most of it should still be readable, just kind of confusing. And so, without further stalling, the hastily-written story conclusion and the semi-coherent game log. Good game all.

[img]Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem End_re10[/img]

[img]Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem End_re11[/img]

[img]Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem End_re12[/img]

Starting with the letters that everyone received for their jobs:

SENT FROM THE MAYOR’S DESK The Old Bomb Shelter

Why hello there. We’ve got some important things to talk about.

The late sheriff was a smart man. Too smart for his own good sometimes. Lately, before his death, he’s been investigating me, and getting real close to some pretty incriminating findings. About that factory fire a few years back. I tried telling him to back off, and of course that’d only drive him to prod further. And I suppose that’s why it’s oh so convenient YOU showed up.
You see, McKinley’s known about you for some time. On his desk, my staff and myself found letters, papers, and photos about you. He knew you were special. He knew you were bad. And more than that, he knew you were more than your average wolf. He KNEW you were their leader. A Beast, of sorts. Papers on his desk suggest he was planning on arresting you the day after you killed him. Maybe you knew that, and that’s why he had to die. But, instead of me now turning on you, I have a proposition for you.
That sheriff’s findings could land myself in jail for some time. His investigations were widespread, and he probably involved a lot of the towsfolk. It’s for this reason that I can’t let any of them get the word out. If any of this gets out, it’s the end of me and all that I’ve built. I can’t survive in jail. And so, we’ve got to ensure that people can’t leave. It’s up to you and your gang to pick them off, one at a time. Use paranoia and fear as tools to turn them on themselves. It shouldn’t be too hard for you.
Now, there’s just one thing I need to know. I already know who you are, you can trust me with this information. With that said, leader of the wolf pack, who’s your right-hand man? My staff and myself will be watching of course, and what fun is a game if we don’t know who to root for? I expect you’ll reply promptly and that we can trust each other fully.
Take care of yourself and your men
The Mayor
The Mayor

AUTOMATICALLY SENT FROM THE DESK OF SHERIFF MCKINLEY
Dear citizen of Overflow‘s Lookout,
I’ve been investigating into you for a while now. To be perfectly frank, I never really trusted you. Rumor has it that a pack of wolves now lives in our peaceful town. Their leader’s done a great job at playing the innocent man, but we’ve got him nabbed. If all goes as planned, he’ll be arrested tomorrow. With that being said, I advise you get out of town. We’ve got more than suspicion against you, we’re nearly sure you’re one of them. Maybe not a big dog like him, but you’re probably a wolf all the same. Our jails are small here, and we can’t fit all you in the same cell for safety reasons. That leaves you with two options:
1. Get out of town tonight
or,
2. I’ll shoot you myself so we don’t have to worry about the possibility of letting you live.
You scum have no reason to bother this nice little town. I’ve spent too long working to keep this place safe, and will not run the risk of letting you go through trial and legal matters, giving you time to slay more innocents. Leave or face death. It’s that simple. If I were you, I’d pick the leave one, but who knows how much logical thought actually takes place in your conniving little head. You disgust me. And so, although I know you’re a WOLF like him, you’ve got a choice. Make yours quickly, because I’m coming for you at sunrise.
Signed
Sheriff McKinley

Dear citizen of Overflow’s Lookout
You are receiving this letter as a warning. My investigations insofar have proven you to be a trustworthy townsman. The nature of the crisis I’m trying to warn you of is difficult to explain. However, know this. In the next few days, people you trust and know will die. People you would never have thought could be malignant. We have reason to believe that there are traitors among us, and when the arrests start, people invariably will die. I advise you lock your doors and act with caution. I’ve identified you to be a safe average villager, but even your neighbor can be against you. Tell nobody of what’s to happen, and guard yourself. It’s going to get loud, and I’d hate to see more casualties than necessary.
Watch yourself and be safe
Sheriff McKinley

You are receiving this letter as a warning. My investigations insofar have shown you‘re a part of the Masons here in the Lookout, and therefore trustworthy. The nature of the crisis I’m trying to warn you of is difficult to explain. However, know this. In the next few days, people you trust and know will die. People you would never have thought could be malignant. We have reason to believe that there are traitors among us, and when the arrests start, people invariably will die. I advise you lock your doors and act with caution. I’ve identified you and your fellow masons, NAME AND NAME, as safe, but even your neighbor can be against you. Tell nobody of what’s to happen, and guard yourself. It’s going to get loud, and I’d hate to see more casualties than necessary.
Sheriff McKinley

You are receiving this letter as a warning. My investigations insofar have proven you to be a safe villager, and stones and relics we found at your house suggest you‘re a Scrier. The nature of the crisis I’m trying to warn you of is difficult to explain. However, know this. In the next few days, people you trust and know will die. People you would never have thought could be malignant. We have reason to believe that there are traitors among us, and when the arrests start, people invariably will die. I advise you lock your doors and act with caution. I’ve identified you to be a Scrier, and so your foresight can really help us find the traitors, but even your neighbor can be against you. Tell nobody of what you see unless you fully trust them, and guard yourself. We’ve found links between you and NAME, our baner. Trust nobody else. It’s going to get loud, and I’d hate to see more casualties than necessary.
Sheriff McKinley

You are receiving this letter as a warning. My investigations insofar have proven you to be a spiritual protector, someone we‘ll certainly need in the days to come. The nature of the crisis I’m trying to warn you of is difficult to explain. However, know this. In the next few days, people you trust and know will die. People you would never have thought could be malignant. We have reason to believe that there are traitors among us, and when the arrests start, people invariably will die. I advise you lock your doors and act with caution. I’ve identified you to be a trustworthy baner, but even your neighbor can be against you. Tell nobody of what’s to happen, and guard yourself. We’ve found links between you and NAME, our scrier. Trust nobody other than them. It’s going to get loud, and I’d hate to see more casualties than necessary.
Sheriff McKinley

Full Playerlist and Roles

Jman . . . . . . . . . . Villager reg
Snail . . . . . . . . Baner
Zed Di Dragon . . . . . . Baner
LSP . . . . . . . . . Mason
Kuph . . . . . . . Wolf Reg
WowzerAnne . . . . . . Villager reg
Unknown3 . . . . . . Mason
esque . . . . . . . Scry
The Kid . . . . . . . . Wolf Reg
MrCarter . . . . . . . . Devil
Part Joker . . . . . . . . . . Villager Reg
AlphaDecay90 . . . . . . Wolf Reg
RayofLight010 . . . . . . Beast
Supermassiveblackho . . . . . . Villager reg
Markmarkadam . . . . . Scry
Finrocks44 . . . . . . Mason
TV Face . . . . . . Villager Reg

5 wolves, 12 villagers
3 masons, 2 scries, 2 baners

Day 1
And it begins. Right from the start things look bad for the wolves. The first scrier-baner pair seems to have found the second by chance. Apparently Zed di Dragon told the Snail-Markmarkadam pair that Zed and esque are a scrier-baner pair, but at the moment it’s still not sure if they can be believed. However, another interesting development is in the Kuph-Wowzeranne group. It’s my understanding that those two are a couple in real life, and so, being the troublemaker I am, I decided to place them on opposite teams. However, the two seem to have come forward claiming to be a third scrier/baner pair. WowzerAnne is just a regular villager, and Kuph a wolf. Why would they try pairing up like that? Maybe to gain the trust of the villagers? If so, I’d guess it was Kuph’s plan, to attempt to solidify his appearance as innocent in WowzerAnne’s view. But still, that part is still confusing to me. Guess we’ll see how that plays out.
Now apparently someone has said they made up the Kuph-WowzerAnne group, which actually makes more sense than the two claiming to be a group. Nobody wants to cast the first lynch vote in fear of the mob turning on them. So, at the moment, everyone is just sitting there thinking.
Finally the silence was broken when Rayoflight (the Beast) decides to take out his Random Number Generator which points at unknown3 (a mason). It’s actually funny, because the first time he ran the generator it pointed at himself. Those things are pretty good. Meanwhile WowzerAnne decides to vote Unknown3 as well, looking like a bandwagon might form on him.
Looks like wolves actually are doing fairly well. Jman, the great linker and networker, seems to be a bit off this time. Right now he’s closely aligned himself with the beast who claims to be a commoner, and Kuph, another wolf, claims to be a scry. Looks like those two have nestled themselves nicely in that group, and probably, at the moment, neither knows the other is evil. Once they get together, who knows what kind of trouble they can cause.
Day’s drawing to a close, and Unknown is looking dead. Surprises me his Masonic pals haven’t stepped in to his defense yet, but maybe they’re afraid of drawing suspicion. I don’t know.
And, Unknown3 dies. His masonry surprised Snail, who now probably believes esque to be a mason as he’s the only real one who spoke in his defense. Kuph smartly opposes this hypothesis, as esque chose to try to lynch LSP, another they assumed to be in the masons. Night falls now.

Night 1
Following votes received:
Beast vote against Alphadecay90 (wolf)
Alphadecay90 killvotes Jman (villager normal)
The Kid killvotes Jman
Kuph Killvotes MrCarter (devil)
MrCarter wolfscrys Supermassiveblackho (villager reg)
Bane on Markmarkadam from Snail
Scry request on Zed (who is a Baner) from Markmarkadam – Sent back Villager
Bane on esque from Zed
Scry on Snail from esque – Sent back Wolf (double heads)

Suddenly looks worse for villagers, as the night votes already have linked all of the wolves… That is, assuming that RoL doesn’t change his vote before night ends. MrCarter still has his evil scry tonight, and if his investigations spur a change in RoL’s vote, AlphaDecay might remain isolated from the rest of them. However, seems they got lucky and another villager will die tonight. Wolf victory seems pretty reachable for them atm.
MrCarter Scrys Supermassiveblackho, and it goes back villager norm. Night ends, and wolf votes leave all alive, but now links all 5 of them. Interesting to see what’ll happen.
Day 2
Snail starts off now in paranoia mode deciding that the survival of all villagers overnight is because his bane saved Markmarkadam from a beast vote (as all the other small wolf votes wouldn’t matter anyways at this point). He thinks that he has the beast among his group, and places the distinction of prime suspect on- “5:55 PM - Snail: WAIT”
Now he’s figured out that the wolves likely voted against other wolves to gain a network. He doesn’t know all 5 are linked yet, he thinks there’s only 3 of them in total at the moment, which means his bane is still useful.
Meanwhile, interesting… Supermassiveblackho seems to have convinced Finrocks44 he’s a mason somehow… Not sure how he managed to pull that but he (finrocks44) seems to believe I forgot to tell him that supermassive is in the group or that there’s two separate groups of masons (which there isn’t). He seems to believe his intel strong enough to disregard the possibility of Supermassive lying, can’t help but wonder if maybe he sent a fake screenshot or something. We’ll see as this plays out.
Snail and Zed now are neck and neck against eachother in attempts to lynch the other. Snail decided to lynch as soon as he saw three members in agreement, in this case RoL/WowzerAnne, Zed, and PartJoker, as last night’s lack of casualties leads him to believe the beast voted for another wolf. He’s right about that part, but assumes there’s only three of them linked. However, by now all of the wolves are together. Bit unfortunate for RoL though, he’s been put in Snail’s group of suspicion. As long as one of the other two is lynched and dies, they’ll be shown a villager, and then RoL will be put in the clear. If Zed dies, villagers take an even stronger hit, but then Snail would now there’s another scry out there. Would be best Jman dies and the both of them are removed from suspicion for now.
Now Jman is removed from suspicion but Snail is more sure that Zed di Dragon is the beast. He has no idea who the devil is, but he is fairly certain it’s not esque, as he feels that’d be too dumb a move by Zed to claim their link so early on in the game. RoL later sent Snail a PM asking if he was a wolf. This put Snail on edge and he’s decided to bane himself tonight. He’s decided if nobody dies tonight, it’s sign enough that RoL was a wolf who tried to kill Snail. Hopefully the wolves will be smarter than that and not try to kill him. In addition, it’s funny how Snail and Zed, who are at each other’s throats, are both baners. Both of their accusations at each other have been enough to scare the other into a self bane. Tonight the scrys are vulnerable. If only the wolves could guess well and find them. Also, at this point, the only way the banes are useful is if they’re both applied to the same person. With all the wolves voting at once, it can overpower any single bane (6 kill to 4 protected) and so each of the baners themselves are also at risk of nighttime assassination.
Votes begin to stack in for partjoker, and now Snail assumes Zed to be acting too carelessly to be the beast. He still doubts his story that he’s a baner, and settles to think he must be an average wolf (with a little doubt).
Partjoker dies from village bandwagon. Night falls.

Night 2

Votes received

RoL Killvotes Snail
Kuph Killvotes Snail
Alphadecay Killvotes Snail
The Kid killvotes Esque
Devilscry on Jman
Esque scrys Snail (sent back villager)
Markmarkadam Scrys Zed (sent back villager)
Snail Self-banes
Zed Self-banes

Seems now that Kuph has Jman fooled into thinking he’s a scryer, but he won’t say who his baner is. Jman is unfortunately confused with his friends this time; among the 5 he considers safe villagers we find Bestial RoL and Wolf Kuph. If there’s one thing he has right, though, it’s his distrust of AlphaDecay90. He hasn’t said much in the game so far as far as lynchings go, and Jman is growing suspicious. It’s looking like he’ll be the subject of Jman’s lynchvote tomorrow if nothing else develops overnight.
Meanwhile, RoL seems interested mostly in killing Snail at the moment.

Suddenly, all the wolves turn on esque. He’s as good as dead. Poor esque, his interruptions made the game more interesting. He won’t be surviving the night. However, what the wolves don’t know is that esque is pretty much dead anyways. Snail got two scrys back on Zed saying he’s villager, and that’s enough, coupled with other shifty moves, to convince him that Zed is our beast. Esque would’ve died by association. However, if the wolves kill esque overnight, when in the morning, everyone sees he was a scry, suddenly Zed stays alive. I hope the wolves change their votes, more fun that way.
And change they have. After receiving lots of intel to the effect of Snail and Zed now mutually linked in life, they’ve decided to killvote snail instead. With him dead, the mob will turn on Zed in a rage-filled fury and have him dead (hopefully) with the effect of solidifying the wolves among the villagers, who will vote in favor of killing Zed as well. At this point the believe him to be a wolf too, and are sad they have to kill one, but they feel it’s all worth it in the end. Can’t wait to see they killed both baners in succession. Oh the fun.
Snail dies.
Day 3
(away and doing homework so log lacking here)
Seems the wolves made sure this one was nice and easy. Early on everyone is targeting Zed. Looks like he won’t survive long.
After heated villager debate, Zed dies. Poor guy.

Night 3
Votes received:
RoL Beastvotes Jman
The Kid killvotes Jman
Alphadecay killvotes Jman
DevilScry on TV Face (villager norm)
Markmarkadam scrys AlphaDecay90 (sent back villager)
Esque scrys WowzerAnne, (sent back villager)

Zed di Dragon and Finkrocks44 seem to have caught on to the fact that all of the vote’s against Zed were from the suspicious lot. Seems them two have decided (correctly) that RoL and Kuph are wolves, and they plan to scry WowzerAnne in an attempt to remove her from suspicion. Mr Carter seems to be avoiding all suspicion, but, then again, he’s been real quiet. AlphaDecay’s been doing a great job at wolfish treachery, as far as I’ve heard he’s not suspected atm. Now it’s just up to waiting for night requests and things.
Jman’s sacrificial move turned out to work for him. He publicly (and falsely) announced himself to be Snail’s scry, and tried to rally the villagers. Of course the wolves attacked him, which diverted attention from esque, who the Kid is still trying to kill. Jman’s bold sacrifice saved his team’s scrier. Only issue is that there’s not too many villagers left. 5 to 7, and although two wolves are looking suspicious, they’ll need to lynch all of them in a row if they hope to win.

Day 4

Zed starts out with a bang on day four, and releases a screenful of evidence at Kuph. Kuph is a wolf, but not the beast he’s believed to be. However, all the reasoning seems solid, and since Kuph was in second place for dying yesterday, no reason to assume he wont die today. Zed also claims to know every single wolf’s ID, and plans to reveal them day after day. Smart move I guess, if he really does, as listing all the names could allow them to plan their defense, while springing them up day by day makes it more unpredictable. I’ve asked if he’ll share his suspect list with me, and am still awaiting response. The game’s moved into the final run. Zed has to be right with his list. If so much as one villager is lynched, game over, as the wolves’ assassination will make it 4-4, meeting conditions for a wolf victory. If Zed actually has them all pinned, and nobody off of his list dies, villagers may win after all. We’ll see as it plays out.
Got a response, and might I say, Mr. Zed, you are good.
“It's a boast, but I believe myself to be close. If you were to put a gun to my head and force me to pick 'em: Kuph (beast), WowzerAnne (devil), RayofLight, MrCarter, The Kid”
Four of his five suspects are wolves. If he leads a crusade against each of them, as long as he figures WowzerAnne is innocent before her turn, villagers still have a shot at winning. Although he’s got the roles of the beast and devil wrong, as RoL is the beast and MrCarter the devil, he’s real close. Kudos to Zed. He might just win it for the villagers.
GAP BECAUSE I SWITCHED HOUSES AND WASN’T SMART ENOUGH TO SEND MY LOG OVER
Day four ends, and Kuph is lynched. First wolf down.

Night 4

Votes received:

Both scrys scry WowzerAnne (both villager)

Zed, super detective, has sent out a survey to clear up who the last wolf is. Smart idea, and of course AlphaDecay’s postponement of his answer only made him look more suspicious to Zed. I’m not sure if the answers he’s received so far have found him his last wolf, but I do know that he’s real close to bringing a villager victory.

Day 5

Zed effectively leads the mob against RayofLight, he dies, and his beastfulness is revealed. Villagers move forward yet again.

Night 5
Scrys on wowzeranne again (both villager)
AUGh the wolves are still inactive and the game is stopping…
The only killvote I got so far was from dead RayofLight010…
Finally AlplaDecay90 “votes” to kill TV Face…
It is done.

Day 6

Sigh… Game seems to be dead and nobody is doing anything…
I think it’s safe to say the villagers will win, Zed’s got it all figured out, and now it’s just waiting for the endlessly slow game.

2Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem Empty Re: Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:33 pm

Snail

Snail
Narwhal

That last picture.

Is so.

Fucking.

Badass.

----

Some stuff:

-How did no one kill esque
-Zed Di Dragon's a goddamn prophet
-AlphaDecay90, most unexpected wolf

----

And as for actual strategies:

As a villager, ambiguous network-making works relatively well. Make an untrusted network with two random people. Trade information amongst yourselves, but fake your own. Even if both other people are villagers, you'll be able to determine who's networked with who based on how far your faked information gets leaked. Before the game started, I claimed regular villager status with Jman, RoL, and Zed, but said I was scry to supermassiveblackho, and baner to finkrocks. The idea is, if someone else suddenly says I'm the baner, then I'll know they're networked with finkrocks in some way.

I mean chances are you'll talk to each other and call out my lies, but villagers are expendable like that. Would definitely work best as a regular villager.

Good game, all.

http://thatsnail.blogspot.com/

3Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem Empty Re: Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:41 pm

Zed Di Dragon

Zed Di Dragon
Narwhal

Guys. How the frick did Esque survive until the end? He gave away his identity on day 2 and I confirmed it. JESUS.

Okay, so here's the answers I received on my survey. They may or may not be edited:

Snail wrote:
DUDE. Aren't you taking this a bit too seriously? XD
Zed Di Dragon wrote:Are you kidding? This is really fun! No seriousness here. Except for one thing: It is vital that I know what people think of pistachio ice cream. I MUST KNOW!

I even sent one to the mayor. ^_^
Hah, well alright I'm filling mine out.

1. Please give a description of all your actions from the first day until now.
I woke up in the daytime and tripped over my cat and got amnesia, I don't remember anything else.

2. Who did you lynch-vote for each day and why?
I lynched-voted various people throughout the day but the only person I really wanted dead was The Mayor. Stupid villager jerks wouldn't let me so I had to get rid of them first.

3. Who do you suspect to be the remaining wolves? Any reasons?
You, me, and the guy next door. Seriously, look at his beard.

4. Do you like pistachio ice cream as much as I do?
Have not eated pistachio ice cream.

Yeah I said it. Go ahead, try something. I dare you.

5. Do you have regular contact by messages with any of the players? Do you trust them?
Ask them I've probably forgotten. I don't trust anyone except the bald man with the bloody knife in the back of the room.

6. Is there anything else of relevance to the investigation you'd like to share?
Amnesia smells like mulberry leaves. After the silkworms, not before.

I thank you your answers in advance.
My answers thank you your thanks in advance.

WowzerAnne wrote:Unfortunately I don't really have time to retrace all my steps and write them down because I have a huge psychology test I have to study for, but I've just been voting and I got a message from Jman towards the beginning asking if I was going to lynch you or Snail. Oh, and I LOVE pistachio ice cream! I just had a ton of it at this all you can eat japanese buffet the other night!

Man, everyone thought Wowzer was a wolf, but I knew after this message that someone this nice couldn't be lying. Plus, everyone knows werewolves are allergic to pistachio ice cream! Gotta' admit learning she studied psychology unnerved me a bit. She'd make a good beast, I'm sure.

RayofLight010 wrote:Alright, sorry if this is a late response. I've been sorta busy.

1. Please give a description of all your actions from the first day until now.
Idled in IRC the first day.
Then just checking often to check the progress.
Currently part of a plan with Snail.
2. Who did you lynch-vote for each day and why?
1: Unknown3 reason: RNG
2: Snail reason: RNG (again) to Partjoker reason: JMan told me to, and convinced me that it wasn't snail.
3: You (Zed di dragon) reason: I suspected you were a wolf trying to take us down, especially since you took down snail, a baner. And snail had compelling evidence.
4: Kuph reason: "To be honest, I'm suspicious of Kuph myself.
Not just jumping on the bandwagon.
On the first day in IRC, he claimed he was a scry.
That would have increased his chances of being assassinated.
Now, why would he do that? Let's consider all of the possiblities.
If he was a common villager, that bluff would do NOTHING. He would only be assassinated quicker because the wolves would know about him (if a wolf knew).
If he really was a scry or baner (which he says he's not right now) then he could be hiding his role to avoid being assassinated.
But that's not likely, as we most likely have our two scry/baner sets.
If he was a wolf or the beast, his probability of being lynched would go down while not being assassinated.
Therefore, the last option is the most probable.

Other than that, there's snail and Zed's evidence, which, even if they might not be completely true, are convincing.

By the way, Kuph. A wolf could wear glasses."
3. Who do you suspect to be the remaining wolves? Any reasons?
MrCarter, due to snail's suspicions. Possibly wowzeranne, because I feel as if she might be one. Idk about the rest.
4. Do you like pistachio ice cream as much as I do?
Prolly.
5. Do you have regular contact by messages with any of the players? Do you trust them?
Snail, now. yes, I trust him.
6. Is there anything else of relevance to the investigation you'd like to share?
Nope, I don't have any information, sadly Sad

Ray answered it as well as could be expected, I think. The plan with Snail he mentioned was actually my plan that I asked Snail to do on my behalf. The idea was that the answers we got from Ray talking to Carter 'impersonating' a wolf would help us determine the remaining ones. Unfortunately, he told us nothing before we lynched him.

the kid wrote:honestly, i have much better things to do than waste my time doing this.

i'm a common villager.
get over it.
Sheesh, Kid, way to be a dick. You were on my suspect list already and let me tell you: This didn't help you.

markmarkadam wrote:scried you first night, joined that bandwagon. And scried arther, and you again. haven't posted in 3 days, so i may get autobanned, so that's about it.

lynch voted once for you, as my memeory recalls. I did so with roy after scrying you twice, thinking u were the beast.

remaining wolves.....not sure, and i don't want to make any immediate accusations, seeing as i don't want any blood on my hands.

possibly

i have regular contact with roy and justin, both of which i know i can trust.

roy apparently unbenounced to me has been scrying for me, so if there's any info u want about who's been scried it'd be from him.

By the way, I propose that dead people can't talk anymore in the next rounds. The wolves should rightly have won this one when they took out both baners and the sharpest deductor (with the biggest ego, apparently!) the villagers had.

4Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem Empty Re: Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:36 pm

MrCarter

MrCarter
Narwhal

Zed Di Dragon wrote:
By the way, I propose that dead people can't talk anymore in the next rounds. The wolves should rightly have won this one when they took out both baners and the sharpest deductor (with the biggest ego, apparently!) the villagers had.

Unfortunately, this has been addressed by others playing WW, but it sort of remains the same.
Unless there's some pact of silence IRL, people talk outside of the forums anyways.

I will note, it is very awkward talking to people in the game while the game is going on. Especially when they clearly know that you're a wolf, and also will not talk to you when they discuss it. Way to make it obvious.

So far, I've followed a tactic without realizing it, keeping my mouth shut.
Honestly, I had no time to do the survey, and make some BS up, so I simply didn't do the survey. I think I would have acted the same way if I was a villager, just lazy like that. - Also, keeping my mouth shut is fairly normal for me, as I tend to be a forum lurker anyways.

In the end, the villagers stuck together like evil little parasites, and the wolves derped around, ate fried Jman, and then went to sleep. Really, I think the wolves just stopped caring 3/4 of the way through.

http://exartech.comxa.com/

5Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem Empty Re: Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:11 pm

The Mayor

The Mayor
Narwhal

I think quiet dead people is a pretty good idea, but not sure if we'd be able to actually maintain silence outside of the forum. If people would agree to it, though, and I'm not hosting the next round, I'd keep quiet after i die. Just whether or not the rest of y'all would. If the dead actually die, killing the smart investigators suddenly becomes useful and not just a way of removing special abilities and their vote.

6Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem Empty Re: Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:14 pm

LSP

LSP
Narwhal

Yeah I don't really think it's fair to let dead people talk, since they have a lot less to lose. It's not like they have to worry about drawing suspicion to themselves. I mean look at Zed. It would have made a HUGE difference if he couldn't communicate with us.

As for real life, whatever. Lying still happens. I don't think that matters much. As long as people aren't directly showing eachother their messages saying their roles, it's not really a problem as far as I see it.

7Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem Empty Re: Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:48 am

Zed Di Dragon

Zed Di Dragon
Narwhal

Where's Jman these days? Will he be hosting the third round?

Also, LSP posting reminds me I forgot her reply to the survey:
LSP wrote:That's pretty genius, Zed. I'll answer 'em, why not.

1. I don't remember what I did and I don't feel like going back and seeing.

2. I don't remember who I voted for the first day or second day but I voted for Kuph.

3. Nooo idea. I have no idea what's going on with anyone except my fellow mason, finkrocks44.

4. I don't know how much you like pistachio ice cream, so I can't answer this question.

5. I only have regular contact with finkrocks44, and of course I trust him - we're masons.

6. Pistachio pudding is good too, ya like that?

8Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem Empty Re: Werewolf Round 2: Postmortem Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:51 pm

chaosfaction

chaosfaction
Narwhal

that took a while to read, but worth it. so many valuable lessons learned.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum